The number of the population (70 million) and the wide area (2,345,410 km²) of DRC, are major assets to ensure investment in housing and real estate sector. We however notice overall deficits in housing estimated at 3,945,555, that is, 263,039 houses to be built per year. The needs of the city of Kinshasa are estimated at 54.4% of the overall deficit, that is, 143,092 houses to be built per year.
• Many expanses of land to be exploited throughout the country. Existence in each province of land areas dedicated to the construction of social housing ;
• Strong demand compared to the supply ;
• Existence of a significant market share for new construction companies and investors in the sector ;
• Freedom to do business in this sector.
Construction of social housing by :
2.1. Private operatorsConstructions implemented :
• Cité du Fleuve ;
• Cité Kin Oasis ;
• City Belle Vie ;
• Cité de l’Espoir ;
• Cité Moderne (in implementation processs). Thanks to ANAPI’s involvement, there is an unprecedented boom in real estate sector throughout the Republic.
III. Vision of the Government in the sector
The housing policy is focused around four axes :
• The reorganization of the housing sector (institutional reform and capacity building) ;
• Improvement of the housing (land development policy and of supervision of real estate) ;
• Fund raising for housing ;
• Elimination of urban poverty areas (emergency action).
IV. Legal framework of the sector
Circular Note n°005/CAB/MIN/AFF FUNC/2013 of 12 June 2013 on the procedure and the transfer period of land and property rights.