Information and communications technology
DRC is a vast solvent market for communication, information and telecommunication companies ;
The liberalization of the ICT sector to private partners in the framework of the economic reforms initiated by the country’s authorities, enabled it to rank among the growth sectors of the Congolese economy. The development of production evidenced is as follows.
IV. Market Data
- The absence of entry guidelines for new investors ;
- The prices are freely set by operators on the condition that they are oriented to the actual costs incurred ;
V. Legal Framework
The telecommunication sector in DRC is governed by the below legal texts:
- The Framework Law n ° 013/2002 of 16 October 2002 on telecommunications in the DRC : the law provides for two structures to manage the ICT sector, they are the Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications and the Regulatory Authority ;
- Law No. 014/2002 of 16 October 2002 establishing the Regulatory Authority of Post and Telecommunications of Congo « ARPTC » ;
- That sector is also made up of several conventions and other instruments signed by the DRC, including : the convention of the UIT, the Malouga – Torremolinos convention (1973), the Convention of the African Postal Union, etc.