• The improvement of mining production by existing or future companies, to support growth and employment. In this respect, the targets by mining products are as follows: Copper (1,500,000 tons by the end of 2015); Cobalt (180,000 tons in 2015); Zinc (60,000 tons in 2015);
• Gold (12,000 kg in 2015); Diamond (27 million carats in 2015); Coltan (500 tons per year from 2012 to 2016); Wolframite (1,200 tons per year between 2012 to 2016); Cassiterite (10,000 tons per year between 2012-2016).
• Increase the mining sector’s contribution to the State budget from 9% in 2010 to 25% in 2016 and the contribution to the GDP from 12 to 20% in 2016.
• Increase the public and private investment rate in the mining sector from 10% of GDP on average per year during the 2012-2016 period;
• To achieve this vision, the Government of the DRC has to improve its governance and transparency measures relative to the management and the traceability of public revenues within the sector;
• For this purpose, the Act No. 007/2002 of 11 July 2002 on the Mining Code was evaluated, revised and promulgated, a national geological department was set up to evaluate the titles already granted in order to improve the mining cadastral file, etc.